Monday 2 May 2011

Personal Shrine - mini quilt

I've begun work on some mock-ups for some personal shrines that I want to create. They've been in the brain space for a while and have now made it to the 'sketching-ideas', 'making-notes, and 'test--creation-markIII)' stage. This is very advance for me...some ideas never make it off the thought-board.

This current test-creation is for a small personal shrine with a number of inner boxes and display shelves. Each little box and shelf is dedicated to an area of my life that is precious to me in some way. Fibreart/creativity/quilting/beading are all in this category...so first creation for the mini shrine is a miniature quilt.

The quilt is created from some fabric that I snow dyed winter before last. It was then printed with a personal design that I created. I used som- felt that I was given by a patchworking friend as the wadding.


Mini-quilt; paisley printed, snow-dyed cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment