Sunday 1 May 2011

Giving...

This is a fibre art piece I've been working on for some time. I was inspired by the work of Susan Sorrell (http://www.creativechick.com) and took an online class with her. I made a series of little collages but couldn't decide what to do with them or how to mount them. Finally decided to add a few other techniques I enjoy. I covered a canvas with layers of fabric and took to them, layer by layer, with a heat gun; then bound the whole with a golden thread, to reinforce the giving/gift idea.

The background fabric of the collage was snow-painted, stamped, and free-machined. Various images and a word from magazines added, then the piece was embellished with embroidery and beading.



2 comments:

  1. I do like your pictures. Simple, but says a lot. I like taking pictures and take many on a weekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peaches! I really enjoy photography and the way it simplifies or concentrates the way we view things; much like poetry.

    ReplyDelete